Pet Puppy Health Warranty
Thank you for choosing a puppy from Big Rock Goldens! We make every effort to provide you with puppy in top notch condition and free of genetic defects, including by breeding health-tested parents and providing proper veterinary care and evaluation of each puppy while they are with us. However, as we recognize nature is not 100% in our control, we offer a Pet Puppy Health Warranty (up to one year of age) in case of unforeseen genetic conditions.
Each puppy (hereinafter referred to as “Puppy”) provided by Big Rock Goldens (hereinafter referred to as “Seller”), has been examined by a licensed veterinarian and has been deemed to be in good health.
Serious or Fatal Illness. If, within fourteen (14) days following receipt of the Puppy, the Puppy is diagnosed by a licensed veterinarian as suffering from a life-altering serious medical condition or dies as a direct and proximate result of a condition that arose while the Puppy was still under the care of Seller, the Seller may offer a refund of the original purchase price or replacement puppy of equal value (see Refunds and Replacements), provided the examining veterinarian concludes to a substantial degree of medical certainty that the condition arose while the animal was under the care of Seller.
Congenital or Genetic Defects. If the Puppy is found to have any of the faults listed below by one (1) year of age, the Seller may offer a refund of the original purchase price or replacement puppy of equal value (see Refunds and Replacements), upon presentation of said fault by a licensed veterinarian(s) or veterinary specialist at the Buyer’s expense, as required:
· Hip Dysplasia. Includes Mild, Moderate or Severe Hip Dysplasia (HD) as diagnosed by two qualified veterinarians and confirmed by an OFA evaluation.
· Elbow Dysplasia. Includes Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD), Elbow Dysplasia (ED) Grade II or III, as diagnosed by two qualified veterinarians and confirmed by an OFA evaluation.
· Congenital Heart Disease. Includes Sub-Aortic Stenosis or Severe Heart Murmur (Grade 5 or 6) as diagnosed by a qualified veterinary cardiologist. (Second opinion may be required)
· Genetic Eye Disease. Failure to pass OFA or CERF certification as diagnosed by a veterinary a qualified veterinary ophthalmologist. (Second opinion may be required)
Limitations of Warranty. Any of the following will void all warranties:
· Buyer permitting the dog to be underfed or overfed at any time
· Evidence of neglect or abuse including unexplained or untreated trauma (broken bones, related injuries, physical harm, etc.)
· Female has been bred
· Evidence of strenuous exercise
For purposes of this agreement, a reputable veterinarian is one who is duly licensed by the state in which he practices and maintains an active, full-time private practice of which the care of dogs is the most significant element of his practice. Seller is not responsible for any medical expenses incurred, including those expenses related to a condition indicated by the health warranty.
Refunds. If Buyer requests a refund under the terms of the Health Warranty, Buyer must provide a certificate from a licensed veterinarian verifying the Puppy has been affected or died from one of the diseases in this warranty, as well as the documentation requesting and establishing the reason for the refund. The refund will be for the full original purchase price of the Puppy and will be reimbursed only once during the dog’s lifetime, which will cover all included conditions. The Buyer shall return, at Buyer's expense, the Puppy and AKC registration papers (including transfer of AKC ownership interest) to the Seller within seven (7) days of Seller agreement for refund.
Replacements. In lieu of a refund, the Buyer and Seller may mutually agree that the Seller will provide a replacement puppy of equal value to the Buyer. The replacement Puppy shall be from a comparable breeding, acceptable to both Buyer and Seller. If replacement is agreed, The Buyer shall return, at Buyer's expense, the Puppy and AKC registration papers (including transfer of AKC ownership interest) to the Seller within seven (7) days of Seller agreement for replacement.
SELLER MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES BEYOND WHAT IS LISTED ABOVE.